Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pinatas, Cleaning Checks, and dermatomes






These past two weeks have been super ridiculous. I have had five midterms, a mini fiesta with my family, and cleaning checks for my apartment. I officially decided that I have made my senior year one of the hardest semesters of college. I procrastinated all of my hard classes hoping they would somewhat be completed magically. In on of the 5 tests I took this week, I had to learn all the dermatomes, myotomes, and the nerves via cutaneous innervation . This included labeling and drawing the brachial plexus, knowing all the nerves in the body, and what happens if a certain nerve is impaired (ie. claw hand, wrist drop, and "Ape-hand deformity". Lets just say the test went, but could have been a lot better if I didn't have to take the 3 other tests previously during the week.

So, on the Friday before President's Day, Kylie, Jamie, and I decided to go home for our final break until the end of the semester. Little did we know that Quincy had decided we needed a pinata to celebrate coming home. Because we could not wait, "we" as in Gavin and Quincy, Erin broke out a wooden spoon to use as an inside "stick". Let's just say we fully enjoyed hitting the pinata about a billion times...it lasted longer. When we finally got some candy to fall out, Quincy and Kylie decided it made a cute hat.
The overall weekend was a truly a party with great food, shopping, bowling, and Just Dance.

Finally, during this week my roommates and I had cleaning checks. Our management decided to make it the day after President's day. Because we all went our various ways, we didn't really have time to clean. We all had papers, tests, laundry, etc. that needed to be done first. However, we did a little straightening and called it good. Pretty sure....actually I know that my parents would have not have passed us off on our cleaning check. However, despite our hesitations in coming home, we received a "perfect". We could not stop laughing at the comments the lady had made, and we are pretty sure she must have been blind or in a very big hurry.

Anyways, life is good...especially because we beat SDSU again in basketball. Because the student section dressed up as missionaries(at first I thought they were special needs students), I have decided they must know how a true missionary feels when they have been rejected. Thanks Angela:)

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the posts! Keep them coming. We had a great time with you over President's Day weekend. come and see us, and bring your sweet cleaning check skills and I'll put you to work :)
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete